Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Eight is enough...............

So it's been months since I've written a blog because the news hasn't been too inspiring.(i.e. financial meltdown, war in Gaza etc.) Well, FINALLY there's something interesting that I can rant about. The whole situation regarding the octuplets. A woman's has the right to choose what she does to her body but this lady has taken childbearing to new heights. If you grew up as an only child I can almost understand longing for a big family. The most important thing is providing for your family needs which includes emotional, mental, physical and financial support. In my opinion, this is a BIG publicity stunt that everyone has fallen for (including me). It makes no sense. Why would anyone in their right mind voluntarily have 8 kids at one time? I've done the math(cause I'm a smart cookie) and something doesn't add up. My friend today missed our favorite show because she was all "caught up" by this woman's story. ENOUGH already. This isn't a medical miracle folks......she paid lots of $$$$$ to have those fertilized eggs implanted in her WOOHA!!!! The real miracle is that the children are healthy. We the public have to wait about 18 years before REALLY knowing the impact this has on ALL her children. I saw in a clip where she said she was torn between her kids at home and staying at the hospital. In the infamous words of Homer Simpson....DUH!!!! What the hell was she expecting? That California would declare it a state emergency? Did she expect a FEMA check because her WOOHA is classified as a natural disaster area? How do you pay a publicist from a disability check? I'm sure her publicist has pitched the idea to networks like Lifetime, We and the Discovery Channel to do some kind of documentary on the children as they grow. How else does she plan on supporting this clan? She's not married and doesn't want to get married(psst by the way, she's divorced). Cats don't have litters this big and I should know because I took care of nine cats at one time (5 kittens, 4 adult cats). Believe me, that in itself was an experience. Personally, I hope this fills the void she has and gives her a sense of purpose. If she is emotionally challenged I hope she gets the medical attention she needs so she won't desire having more children. And most importantly, my prayers go out to her other 6 kids, that they know that they are loved and properly cared for.

Until we meet again in the blog-o'sphere, be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't quite understand the reasoning behind her decision, but a thought occurred to me the other day: We as a society say it's a woman's own personal choice when it comes to her body--yet everyone is commenting on this woman for having eight kids. Obviously there must be some kind of mental imbalance, but I do think the doctor needs to be held accountable as well. She would not have been able to carry this out if the doctor had refused service.